Thursday, March 25, 2010

After reading The Painted Bird by Jerry Kosinski, I painted...well, the main character. He doesn't have a name, he's just a stray boy roaming Europe. It's a pretty rough read, but a really good one. There's no huge moral to the story, it's just a coming-of-age type of thing, but it's fascinating to see how this boy is taken through a life of love or hatred, belief or skepticism. The novel is actually high controversial for some reason, probably because of the harsh content but...I didn't think it was THAT bad. Maybe for the time it came out...anyways, I don't know.
This next one is a birthday gift, long LONG overdue, for a friend on LiveJournal. She didn't know what she wanted done, so I looked at her profile interests and somehow came up with this. I had fun with it...I just wish it wasn't so late.

Annnnd this is just a sketch of a guy I saw one day at Millennium Park. He didn't stay still for long.

No comments:

Post a Comment